[mythtv-users] looking for 64 bit Flash Linux plugin

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jun 18 01:27:12 UTC 2010

On Thursday, June 17, 2010 06:33:14 pm Josh White wrote:

> Isn't it just a matter of putting "libflashplayer[version number,
> etc].so" which is stored in "/home/[user name]/.Mozilla/plugins"? A
> while back, when it wasn't so stable for 64 bit,  I would "install" &
> "uninstall" the plugin by dragging the ~/plugins folder from my /
> Mozilla folder to my desktop and back. When you download the .tar
> file, that's all it contains.

Seems the Ubuntu people do things oddly:

This is a Kubuntu 10.04 box, not running Myth, I have:

/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/

Which contains:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 2010-06-12 06:46 flashplugin-alternative.so -> /etc/alternatives/firefox-flashplugin

But that's a link to:

/var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so

Seems more complicated than it needs to be, I guess the "alternatives" complicate things.