[mythtv-users] mythtv-database problem (Debian Testing)

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Jun 16 21:48:14 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-16, at 3:28 PM, Jongi wrote:
> On 06/16/2010 07:38 PM, George Nassas wrote:
>>
>> On 2010-06-16, at 12:12 PM, Jongi wrote:
>>
>>> Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
>>
>> Copy your myth user's .mythtv/config.xml into /root/.mythtv and try again.
> The files exist. I in any event copied the ones from the mythtv user into the root directory (/root/.mythtv). Same problem

Hmmm. I thought the package script was looking for your configured l/p and missing it but reviewing the deb file's postinst script I see it first tries a mysql root login to test if mythconverg even exists.

Could it be that your mysql root password has changed since the last time you upgraded mythtv-database? I'm not sure how the script gets that password but it seems to keep it in a text db somewhere.

Failing that I'm out of guesses.

- George