[mythtv-users] which distro to use for ....

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Jun 12 23:13:55 UTC 2010

On Saturday, June 12, 2010 04:38:11 pm steve reilly wrote:
> Hi,
>

> fully operational hdpvr, and hdpvr IR channel changing via SA4250HDC.
>

> currently using mythbuntu 9.10, and .22 fixes.  thought mythdora had
> that functionality, but not sure.  mythbuntu, mythdora? or another?
>
> thanks for the input.

If you have experience with Linux, I would suggest using whatever distribution you are familiar with. Myth can be
installed on any of them, and you should be able to get the functionality you mention with any distro, but it will be
easier if you are familiar with the underlying system.

If you are new to Linux, one of the "all in one" Myth distros, which include the base OS, is probably the best for you.
These include Mythdora, Muthbuntu and a couple of others whose names elude me at the moment.