[mythtv-users] Consolidation of folders in storage groups

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Jun 12 02:06:45 UTC 2010

    > Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:50:02 +1000
    > From: Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>

    > Is there an automated tool I could use to dump symlinks to all the
    > files in one folder to a different folder? Symlinks to the folder
    > itself would bring the same problem.

I'm assuming the idea is that the master directory would contain
nothing but symlinks to the other directories somewhere else.
Then you point myth at only the master.

I'd use a combination of find ... -exec or maybe even find | xargs.
That should be a one-line script you can just reinvoke whenever necessary.
If you haven't used those before, I or someone else could come up with
a plausible example.  (I'm assuming all of these dirs are on the same
machine, or at least that you're using NFS between them if that's not
the case.)

E.g., "find dir1 dir2 -type f -exec ...."  [See also -execdir.]