[mythtv-users] Quality control issues with Acer Revo AR1600 or is it me?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:42:09 UTC 2010

> Anybody else see anything like this? could it be a hardware design issue? a
> driver issue (the external network adapter is not nVidia hardware so it uses
> a different driver), could it be a firmware issue (my unit has the most
> recent).

What distribution/kernel are you using?  My backend (I forget the chipset,
but it was for my AMD Regor) was somewhat supported by the kernel in ubuntu
9.04... it would work for a while, then crap out like you described.  Mostly
only in gigabit mode though.  Forcing it to 100 Mb made things better (I
don't remember if it was perfect or just much, much better).  Upgrading to
whatever kernel ubuntu 9.10 used fixed the issue (it was a documented issue
they specifically fixed in the kernel, not just a"huh, looks like the fixed
SOMETHING").

--Jack