[mythtv-users] mythnetvision outside USA

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Jun 10 15:25:05 UTC 2010

Roy,
    The restrictions are actually accurate. The YouTube API returns this
among other information:
<yt:state name='restricted' reasonCode='limitedSyndication'>Syndication
of this video was restricted by its owner.</yt:state>

Of course there is no country specific information returned to tell what
countries the video URL will play in. This is not a MythBrowser issue as
the Web page will play the video while of course the YouTube API video
link will not play with the restricted message.

For this situation the grabber is between a rock and a hard place, as it
cannot include the countries the video can be played in. I am in Canada
and am also under the same restrictions that you are.

I will have to think about a way to deal with this but I will not likely
have a solution soon.

Doug