[mythtv-users] Android tablet - advanced remote control and/or frontend?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 10 13:09:53 UTC 2010

On Thursday, June 10, 2010 06:57:03 am Richard Morton wrote:
> http://phandroid.com/2010/06/09/notion-ink-adam-pops-back-in-still-on-track
> -for-q3-releas/

Interesting, but it looks like overkill for a remote and underkill for a frontend.

To be a practical frontend it would need hardware decoding for common video formats, including h264. None of the tablets
I've seen (including the iPad) have anywhere near the power to do software decoding. Some tegra chips have this
capability, but I'm not sure which of them this unit is using.

I think we'll see many ARM-based tablets in the coming months, they seem to be the next "Netbooks".