[mythtv-users] cutlist faulty skipping

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jun 10 10:08:51 UTC 2010

On 10/06/10 10:52, Rob Verduijn wrote:

> 2010/6/10 John Pilkington<J.Pilk at tesco.net>:
>> On 10/06/10 09:47, Rob Verduijn wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using mythtv to record movies and tv series.
>>> After the recording I manually edit the recording to add a cutlist so
>>> that the commercials are skipped.
>>>
>>> This all works fine but when watching the recording the cutlists skips
>>> the commercials about 30-40 seconds early.
>>> Which makes watching it very anoying to say the least.
>>>
>>> I tried cleaning up my db with the maintenance scripts
>>> * flush_deleted_recgroup.pl
>>> * myth.find_orphans.pl
>>> * optimize_mythdb.pl
>>> But it didn't help.
>>>
>>> I rebuild my seektable with 'mythcommflag --rebuild', but it didn't help.
>>>
>>> I tried switching harddisks and filesystems, also to no avail.
>>>
>>> I'm a bit at loss here does anybody have any ideas about what I could
>>> also try to fix this ?
>>>
>>> Rob Verduijn
>>
>> I think there have been problems in the past with Mythcommflag --rebuild.
>>   Try something like (if, of course, it's an mpeg2 recording)
>>
>>> mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --showprogress --chanid 1014
>>> --starttime 20100609234500
>>
>> John P
< fixed top posting>

 > thanx...that worked
 >
 > I'll write a little script to fix all my recordings.
 >
 > Now another question, how do I make sure mythtv does this to all my
 > new recordings ?
 >
 > Cheers
 > Rob Verduijn

I'm afraid I don't know what is going wrong with the recording/editing
process; it looks as if your seek table is getting corrupted, but that
shouldn't happen.  Playback after the edit is normally controlled,
AFAIK, by the cutlist without needing any other action.  If you want
help from someone who has more detailed understanding of what might be
going wrong you may need to give more details of your system.

John P