[mythtv-users] The Daily Show with mythnetvision

Chris Harland cwharland at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:49:36 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I love the new (to me) mythnetvision and it works wonders on youtube and the
included sites.  Robert has mentioned before that comedy central shows would
be easy to implement and I'm emailing to ask if anyone has started work on
such a script?

I'm eager to contribute or create a grabber for The Daily Show and Colbert
Report but after combing through the youtube and a few other grabbers I
don't really get it.  The daily show doesn't seem to have an API of any sort
so all of this requires parsing of pages if I'm not mistaken.  To accomplish
this are people simply parsing html pages and links to individuals shows?
 Is there a better way to do this?  Feeds for the shows I'm interested in
don't officially exist but some user made rss feeds are available on
feedburner.  Is the best option to use these feeds and parse out the video
links?

Right now I have the shows added as the aforementioned RSS feeds but they
only bring up a webpage just as a browser would and centering the video is
difficult in the browser and the flash plugin is not performing very well.
 Any ideas on how to implement a grabber for these shows?

Thanks in advance,
Chris