[mythtv-users] Timeshifted channels

Jay alchamist at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 8 09:20:34 UTC 2010

Thanks for the answers guys.

I can confirm that I am already using the xmltv generated time-shifted
channel (tsod.plus-1.more4.channel4.com), however I have just looked
via Mythweb something somewhere seems to be changing the data. EIT is
off on the channels (never very reliable from DVB-S)

I will have a trawl through the database at some point and double
check EIT is off, but everything I can see says it is.

Cheers,

Jay

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 June 2010 08:57, Jay <alchamist at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I apologise if this has been asked already, but I haven't yet found an
> > answer.
> >
> > Whenever I set a recording schedule to "Record at any time on any channel",
> > even if I have the duplicate detection on, I often end up with the same
> > program recorded twice when it is shown on a channel with a timeshifted
> > version as well.
> >
> > e.g. A program that records on "More 4", will also record an hour later on
> > "More 4 +1"
> >
> > The program data is set to only come from xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt
> >
> > Is there any way to improve the duplicate detection or prevent this from
> > happening? I don't want to set it to record on only one channel, as quite
> > often programs are split across any of a broadcasters channels - e.g. C4,
> > More4, E4 etc - and obviously the timeshifted channel is sometimes handy to
> > avoid recording conflicts.
>
> Please check the XMLTV ID for more4 +1 you are using. To use the
> regular more4 data but with programme timings shifted forwards an
> hour, you should be using an ID of 'tsod.plus-1.more4.channel4.com' in
> the MythTV database and in your XMLTV config file for your video
> source.
>
> I added full support to tv_grab_uk_rt (based on an inital patch from
> David Greaves) in January 2008 for the exact reasons you describe -
> small differences in the listings provided by the Radio Times for
> regular/timeshifted channels would break duplicate detection across
> these 'similar' channels. With more and more timeshifted channels
> becoming available on Sky Digital and Virgin Media, it was getting to
> be a real problem. Configuration of the grabber hides the Radio Times
> timeshifted channels and prefers the channels having timeshifted data
> created in the grabber. There are currently 52 timeshifted channels
> having their listings created in this way - and the Radio Times does
> not supply +1/+2 data for all of them.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki: http://mythtv.org/wiki/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...