[mythtv-users] How to obtain an exported file of a recording with the cutlist observed?

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 08:49:00 UTC 2010

> We've been here before.  You have not yet run mythtranscode.  Playback
> of an untranscoded recording will apply the cutlist but will not replace
> the file.
>
> Run mythtranscode, and if that is successful you will have a smaller
> file that you can copy or play with another application.

I believe that mythtranscode HAS run already.  If I define a cutlist and then go back to the Watch Recordings screen, there's a hammer icon which appears and as I understand, indicates that transcoding is taking place (which apparently automatically happens after a cutlist is defined).  After the hammer icon disappears, the file size is the same as before I defined the cutlist.

Regardless, I decided to kick off a transcode via the menu Job Options - Begin Transcoding - Default and I got the same result: the final file is the same size as the original.

Do I need to define/change/setup profiles for transcoding?

I checked under Information Center - System Status - Log Entries and there are no entries indicating an error condition.