[mythtv-users] How to obtain an exported file of a recording with the cutlist observed?

Bernard Giannetti thebernmeister at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 04:23:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to take a recording in MythTV with a defined cutlist and that has been transcoded (automatically as part of MythTV) and obtain a file (in say MPG format) which I can watch outside of MythTV.  I know the cutlist and transcoding has been performed because if I watch the recording, the cut bits are skipped.  However, the recording itself is still in original (uncut) form.

I am using Mythbuntu 9.10, upgraded to Myth 0.23-fixes.

Is there a way to obtain my cut (reduced size) file for external to MythTV use, either via the Frontend or using scripts/commands in a terminal?

I have tried using MythArchive to export the file.  What I get is the original uncut/unmodified recording and an XML file (presumably containing a cutlist).  Is it possible to take this and produce what I want using a simple command line operation?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard.