[mythtv-users] How to shutdown combined fe/be machine from the front panel switch?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 02:39:07 UTC 2010

On 7 June 2010 02:22, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have mythbuntu (9.10/0.22) running on a combined fe/be machine.
> Occasionally, I would like to shut the whole thing down.  Typically,
> I've grabbed the laptop, ssh'ed in, and shut down from the command
> line.  I've decided that that is getting cumbersome (and is also
> problematic when I'm not home and I need to figure out how to tell my
> wife/family how to shut down.

If you want to do this from within the mythfrontend GUI, you can
configure the exit menu to show exit, reboot and shutdown options (or
any combination thereof). These options can use sudo to allow the
regular mythfrontend user to execute reboot and poweroff (the actual
commands are also customisable).

Cheers,
Nick

--