[mythtv-users] Hdhomerun IR with imon VFD questions

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 17:44:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> Using the HDHomerun I compile the udp driver in lirc but at the same
>> time do I need to compile lirc_imon, modprobe the lirc_imon module but
>> run lirc in udp mode?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I've played around with sever different iterations of this however I
>> either only get the VFD working with mythtv or the remote working but
>> not both.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Nothing off the top of my head. Should simply be a matter of setting
> the right parameters for lircd to only care about the udp signals from
> the hdhomerun, regardless of whether or not there's another driver
> loaded.
>
> In a saner future, coming soon to a kernel near you, the imon driver
> won't be an lirc driver... :)
>
> (There's a new non-lirc imon driver that has been merged in the
> upstream kernel for 2.6.35).
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Thanks for then info Jarod.  That will be great when imon is part of 2.6.35!

Sorry to take this a bit off topic from mythtv (but maybe it will help
others)...

When compiling lirc how do I pass both the udp and imon drivers to the
./configure command?  I've tried ./configure --enable-driver=udp,imon
but only one gets built.  I've also tried two separate --enable-driver
with no success.  I then tried --enable-driver=all but had one that
threw errors during compile.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil