[mythtv-users] Digital Audio Problems

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 07:53:53 UTC 2010

Hi

On 4 June 2010 17:31, Matt Goebel <matt at goebelnet.com> wrote:
> I've having an issue with digital audio under 0.23 (Fedora 12 /w pulse audio
> removed using Nvidia HDMI).  If I set audio to stereo I get full sound in
> all my TV channels/music etc BUT all my h.264/acc encoded videos audio is
> distorted (downmixing is not working?).  Using 5.1 (no audio with Dolby

There is no downmixing happening from multi-channels AAC to Stereo.
this is a limitation of the ffmpeg code.

If you install libfaad2 and compile with --with-libfaad , it's a bit
better, but still not great.

This is a problem 0.24 will solve (and trunk already does)

> Digital, so that is disabled)  I get sound in both TV and h.264/acc video
> but the center channel (voices) volume is extremely low most of the time
> (rest of the audio seems to be ok).  For now I've just using stereo since at
> least TV is ok with that.  I'd really like to get the h.264/acc working
> somehow though.  Any ideas?

Same as above..
There is no downmixing occurring with multi-channels AAC, if played on
a stereo system, you will loose the center and surround channels.

It's always been like that. not new with 0.23
JY