[mythtv-users] remove deleted recording to make bandwidth?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 2 13:24:58 UTC 2010

If I have a storage group with three disks in it and my BE wants to
record three simultaneous programs, it should record one program to each
spindle.  This is indeed a wonderful feature.

However, if one of the disks is full but has recordings marked for
deletion, will one of those marked-for-deletion recordings be purged to
allow the 3 simultaneous recordings each to have their own spindle?

If so, is this purging done prior to the recording starting or is it
done as the new program is being written to the full disk?

b.