[mythtv-users] .23 Sound Issues............Please God shoot me now!!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Jun 2 10:14:23 UTC 2010

> I realise I can get it working using the mythtv  Alsa Spdif output and
>
>> use the amplifier remote, it's just not the way I want to go and
>> reduces the WAF a lot.
>>
>> So back to the original question.
>>
>> Did people have to tweak anything to get alsa default or pulseaudio
>> default working?
>>

> Not to be flip or anything, but a Logitech Harmony remote would solve
> your
> problems. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap, but they are very
> programmable for multiple devices including Myth.  Many of the MythTV
> users
> on this list have used them. (and I believe the WAF is OK with them;
> others
> may comment).

I took the other approach and put an IR blaster onto the frontend and
change the volume via irexec on the amp directly. I still map the commands
to myth so I get the volume slider going up & down (but it does nothing
with digital) - I just have to resync the amp volume and the slider once a
week so it gives a reasonable clue as to where the volume is really set.

--
Robin Gilks