[mythtv-users] Merging different video/audio tracks

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Jun 2 10:13:29 UTC 2010

Andrew Gee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a multiple tuner setup, and am looking to be able to merge
> recordings I make into a single video file.
>
> I'm recording from freeview DVB-T in the UK.
>
> I record a Formula One motor race from the TV, when I'm not able to
> watch it live. The BBC broadcast a TV version, but you are able to
> listen to the commentary the BBC put out over the radio instead,
> using
> the red button, which I prefer. But I don't know how I'd record
> this.

If it's on the BBC1 "red button", then it should be broadcast on one
of the other red button channels, such as 301, 302 etc. If you can
find out which of those channels it is on (it may even be in the EPG
listings for the channel), then just record it directly. I
occasionally record red button stuff, and it is exactly the same as
other programs, just use 301, 302 etc instead of 1.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop
for all manner of hand crafted items,
including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts