[mythtv-users] Need help debugging python bindings

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 03:43:01 UTC 2010

I'm having some trouble getting jamu to actually update the videometadata
table so I started running jamu.py through the debugger.

I've followed things all the way back to where DBDataWrite's _push() is
about to execute the database update and all the arguments look good.  But
the table doesn't update following the execute (ie videometadata still holds
the pre-execute value).

I've noticed that there's a good bit of logging possible in the source, but
my limited python skills aren't enough to figure out WHERE the logging is
going to (or possibly how to enable it).  Can someone in the know give me a
hint?  I see there's logging for where the db user credentials are pulled
from, logging for db executes, etc.

Hints as to what could actually cause this behavior are also welcome.  I'm
learning python on the fly here and myth's bindings aren't exactly
"hello_world" material :)

Thanks in advance,

Jack