[mythtv-users] .23 Sound Issues............Please God shoot me now!!

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 00:48:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> me to control the volume the way I'd like to.  Has anyone got sound
> working out to an external amp using either alsa:default or
> pulseaudio:default and if so could you let me know anything you had to
> tweak to get it working please.
>
> I'm running .23 on Fedora 13 from the rpmfusion repos.

I don't know if you were running on Fedora 13 before the upgrade;
however, I do know that PulseAudio is a huge headache for many myth
users and it is best to remove it.  Some searches here (and maybe the
wiki) should get you off of Pulse.  This may be moot if you were
already on Fedora 13 though as Pulse is probably not the new thing.

I also am not sure how you want to control the audio.  I could be
wrong, but I thought it was best just to send the digital signal
unaltered from your mythbox to your amp via coax or optical cable and
let the receiver adjust the volume and other things.