[mythtv-users] Merging different video/audio tracks

Andrew Gee andrew at andrewgee.org
Tue Jun 1 23:43:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a multiple tuner setup, and am looking to be able to merge
recordings I make into a single video file.

I'm recording from freeview DVB-T in the UK.

I record a Formula One motor race from the TV, when I'm not able to
watch it live. The BBC broadcast a TV version, but you are able to
listen to the commentary the BBC put out over the radio instead, using
the red button, which I prefer. But I don't know how I'd record this.

I can record the radio channel and tv channel at the same time, and
would like to know if there's a way to easily merge them together. The
TV coverage starts before the Radio coverage, so both streams won't
start at the same time.

Is there any way to achieve what I want, so I end up with a video file
that has more than one audio track, synced to the right point?

Hopefully I haven't been too confusing. I've been confusing myself.

Regards,
Andrew Gee