[mythtv-users] How to keep the most recent N recordings?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:13:21 UTC 2010

Is there some setting for a scheduled recording to keep only the most
recent N recordings?  We really don't need 6 months worth of "World
News Tonight", but the most recent 3 or 5 is probably appropriate.

I tried setting "# of recordings to keep:" to 5, and my backend
stopped recording any new episodes (since I seem to have 6 months of
recordings on the box already).

On a related note... is there an easy way to mass delete 6 months
worth of daily recordings of a particular show?

(OK, I might be exaggerating about the "6 months" part).

--wpd