[mythtv-users] trouble updating mythvideo metadata fields?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:30:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> ----- "Jack Perveiler" <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > But if I run the same command again
> >
> > Here's what I noted as a problem.  The 'R' option updates only the
> > reference number -- it doesn't download anything.  The next
> > run should have been without the 'R'.
> >

> > Yeah, I thought of that too.  Oddly, if I run with -I (interactive)
> > instead of -R I get prompted for the missing entries like with -R
> > except it also pulls the fanart, etc from themoviedb.org .  The files
> > are sitting in the right place on my system.  The inetref is still all
> > 0's though.  If I run in maintenance mode after that (after -I or -R,
> > doesn't matter) I get a message telling me that X-Men has no inetref
> > so it won't fetch anything.
> >

> > > I get the same prompting for X-Men
> > > again.  Thinking this was odd, I checked the database after the run:
> > >
> > > mysql> select title,inetref from videometadata where title like
> > > "X-Men";
> > > +-------+----------+
> > > | title | inetref  |
> > > +-------+----------+
> > > | X-Men | 00000000 |
> > > +-------+----------+
> > >

> > Yeah, This seems odd.  Jamu shouldn't have done anything, as file
> > was already in database with a inetref number.
> >

> I was thinking about this....  Could you set the inetref number to NULL?
> That's what the db defaults that field too.  Then try again with the 'R'
> option and see what happens.

Hmm, that is wierd.  According to mysql the default value for inetref IS
NULL, but immediately following a mythvideo rescan (delete all entries from
videometadata and rescan upon entering mythvideo) it is populated with the 8
0's.  If I jam in NULL instead with:

mysql> update videometadata set inetref=NULL where title="X-Men";
Query OK, 1 row affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 1

mysql> select title,inetref from videometadata where title = "X-Men";
+-------+---------+
| title | inetref |
+-------+---------+
| X-Men |         |

and then run jamu with -r again I get the same results (ie inetref not
updated, only now it's still NULL instead of all 0's)

> > Well, at least the file SHOULD have been in the database with an
> > inetref number :)
>
> The file is in the DB with an inetref number... But is 00000000 a valid
> inetref number?

Couldn't tell you if it's a valid one, but it's what mythvideo put there
following it's scan.

--Jack