[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jul 30 00:50:23 UTC 2010

Jessica Perry Hekman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 05:36:10PM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
>

>>> It appears to be an ASUS M2NC51-AR motherboard and the video card
>>> is "integrated," which I assume must mean it is on the
>>> motherboard. (The machine is an HP slimline 3020n.) I'm having
>>> trouble finding detailed specs for this motherboard with any
>>> information about how I can expect tv-out to work, though.
>>>
>> If it's integrated, does it have shared memory?  Can you increase
>> the amount of memory?
>>

> We are definitely getting outside my area of expertise here. How would I
> increase the amount of memory to the graphics card? And why would we
> expect that to help it to support TV-out simultaneously with the main
> monitor -- are you saying lack of memory may be the whole problem? (If
> so, might there be a log file corroborating that theory?)
>
> Willing to give it a shot, but a little out of my depth,

Should be a setting in your BIOS somewhere.  Look for Shared Memory or
Video Memory.  Bump it to at least 512K.

Mind you, I'm taking a wild guess here; I have no idea if nvidia and
your chipset use shared memory.

Shared memory is when the video card uses a chunk  of your on-board ram
for video.  It's slower but cheaper.  Maybe the default setting only
allows 1 output to be active at a time?

--

   o__