[mythtv-users] firewire changes channel but reverts back to prior to channel immediately

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 16:04:04 UTC 2010

In my ongoing, week-long struggle with firewire channel changing, I
have swapped my Pace box for a Motorola box (coincidentally, I had one
in the house because I was going to add it to my myth-setup).
Previously, my Pace box had been working fine but this week, it
refuses to change channels via firewire although it still captures
fine and I can change channels using a remote or the front panel.

My motorola box will change channels but immediately revert back to
the prior channel.  For example, if I go into live tv and choose
channel 180 when it is already on 170, I can see the STB change over
to 180 but immediately it goes back to 170.  Has anyone ever
experienced this before?  Is there anything I can to fix this issue?