[mythtv-users] IR blaster missing channel changes - Scientific Atlanta 3250
perveilerj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 13:34:07 UTC 2010
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM, John H <arizonamythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Man, I can't catch a break on this. I changed min_repeat to 5 and it
> worked then I started getting double digit sends 1 1 instead of 1.
> Dropped it to 2 and it worked then the same thing started to happen.
> Dropped it down to 1 and it would work for awhile and then double
> digits. I set it to zero and then I started missing some digits. Ugh!
I had similar problems for a long time with mine (It's a SA box, might not
be 3250. Don't remember). The fix that finally did it for me was to have
my channel changing script "wake up" the box.
I noticed that shows that recorded after long periods of inactivity (like
the first show every morning) were the ones having the most problems so now
I keep my min_repeat to 1 and send an EXIT command, wait 0.5 seconds, then
send the first digit, wait 0.5 s, second digit, etc...
Since I've started doing that I think I've only had one bad channel change
in a couple of months.
My current problem is that my cable company seems to randomly reboot my
cable box once a week or so. After the reboot the box is in the "off"
position and the volume is too low. They swear they don't do this, but a)
it happens about once a week, and b) it only happens very late at night.
And of course they don't have discrete ON commands so it really bites me.
My next project is to write a script that finds some idle time early in the
morning, does a test recording, and determines if it just recorded black or
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users