[mythtv-users] Problems with serial port

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:14:40 UTC 2010

I'm running MythBuntu 10.04. Lately I've been having a problem with my
serial card on boot. The computer has a serial port in the motherboard
and I use this for my ir blaster. I purchased a second card as I need
to turn my Sharp Aquos TV on and off with the serial port. I'm using
Ron Frazier's aquoserver to pass the commands to the port thus turning
my tv on and off.
http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/controlling-sharp-aquos-tv-via-serial.html

The serial card is lspci number is 4348:3253. It's one of those cards
that has two serial ports on the same card. I take it one of the ports
doesn't work in linux. I have the aquoserver set to port ttyS2. The
problem I have is that when I boot the computer sometimes the serial
card doesn't get recognized properly since the on/off doesn't work and
the aquoserver isn't running. Also, when the serial port doesn't get
recognized properly I lose focus on the mythfrontend window with the
remote and I have to use the keyboard to exit the FE and then restart
to regain focus. Sometimes I have to boot multiple times before it
works. When it does work, the aquoserver is running, I can turn the
LCD on and off and my remote has proper focus. This feels like a udev
issue with ttyS1 and ttyS2 but I'm not sure. Also, when doing the
udevadm stuff ttyS1 and ttyS2 have the same exact info so I don't know
how I could write a udev rule.