[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 15:58:04 UTC 2010

On 7/24/2010 12:54 AM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> Speaking of blowing it with the wrong movie of the same title---this
> just happened again, today, with TCM.  The SD description was:
>
> The Poor Little Rich Girl:  Gwen's family is rich, but she is lonely
> and unhappy until a servant's mistake changes everything. Silent.
> (And claimed programid MV002775400000.)
>
> WRONG---while the description was for the 1917 movie, what TCM
> actually -aired- was the 1936 musical (very much non-silent) with
> Shirley Temple!  They introduced it at the 1936 version and that's
> what their website claimed they were showing, too.

as Michael mentioned, there's not much TMS can do if they don't get the
info from TCM, but if you can provide the exact time and station-id of
the recording, I can bring it to their attention.  (The original SD
download <SCHEDULE> section would be perfect, but I'll take what I can get.

If it's a persistent problem, then mentioning it to them is a good idea.

Robert