[mythtv-users] How do I set watched TV flag for recorded programs in MythFrontend after I have watched them?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 23 17:34:49 UTC 2010

  On 07/23/2010 01:23 PM, Ian Engelhardt wrote:
> I have Mythbuntu 10.04 installed on my HTPC, with an Hauppauge HD-PVR
> to record in component off of my satellite box.  Everything is working
> great, except for the ability to mark a program as watched.  In
> previous versions of MythTV, I remember a menu that would pop-up near
> the end of a show asking if I wanted to mark the program as watched.
> Now I just have a menu that asks me if I want to delete the program
> and re-record, delete, or cancel.  Also, I would see an icon in
> Mythweb showing that the program had been watched.  How do I enable
> this functionality in Mythbuntu 10?  Is there any key during the
> watching of a recorded program that will mark a program as watched?
> Many thanks to those who take time to respond.

In Watch Recordings with the episode highlighted:  MENU|Storage
Options|Mark as Watched

or enable the setting:

Automatically mark a recording as watched
If set, when you exit near the end of a recording it will be marked as
watched. The automatic detection is not foolproof, so do not enable this
setting if you don't want an unwatched recording marked as watched.

in mythfrontend settings, Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Playback and
then when you exit a record "near" the end, it will automatically mark
it as watched (and you can unmark it manually using the approach above).

Mike