[mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?

MARK ADAMS madams9 at msn.com
Fri Jul 23 16:03:46 UTC 2010

> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:36:09 -0700
> From: robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM, MARK ADAMS <madams9 at msn.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:26:34 -0700
> >> From: robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
> >> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?

> >> No.

> >> Incorrect audio settings (Internal Player and MythMusic have
> >> independent audio settings).
> >>

> > Thanks for the prompt response.  I appreciate the information.
> >
> > Okay, I've been through those settings exhaustively.  Is there anyway I can
> > tell what they should be?  Why did the Alsa defaults work for the last few
> > months and then just quit?
> >
> > Why won't MythTV work when everything else will?
> >
> > Mark
>
> I missed the bit where it stopped working in the middle of a
> recording, and can only conjecture that you toggled passthrough to on,
> or off, or otherwise hit a button that modified the settings or mixer
> volume level.  Most of the settings for in-playback audio are
> reachable in the menu by pressing "M" during playback, but you can
> check the manual for the others like mute/etc.
>
> Robert

Again, thanks for the prompt reply.

I've checked passthroughs and cycled through all the passthrough output devices.  Wound up putting it back on Alsa:default.  Do I need to close mythtv or should these setting take effect immediately? Nothing I'm doing is making any difference.

I looked at the keyboard shortcuts and can't find anything applicable.  Volume is set at 100% on master and pcm in mythtv settings, (system volume is controlled by master), mute is off, I can't find anything else simple that looks as if it applies.

When it stopped playing, I did not have the remote in my hand - it was sitting on the arm of the chair next to me.  I am having a hard time believing I did anything to kill it, but I'm at a loss to get it working again.

And as I said, everything else works just fine.

Mark