[mythtv-users] Does MythTV use mplayer?

MARK ADAMS madams9 at msn.com
Fri Jul 23 15:24:17 UTC 2010

Does MythTV use mplayer as its media player?  If so, how can I have a system in which mplayer (and all my other media players) works just fine, but MythTV provides no audio for recorded video or live TV, but music plays just fine through MythMusic.

This situation just happened while watching a recording -- one minute everything is fine, then the audio just quits.

How does one troubleshoot this? What might be responsible for such a thing?  Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks much.

Mark