[mythtv-users] Possible frontend? Levono IdeaCentere

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 23 02:10:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Justin Garrison <rothgar at 1n73r.net> wrote:

>>> If you look closely to the second picture, you'll see an optical out
>>> just under the two USB ports. As far as digital over HDMI i'm not
>>> sure.
>>>
>>> Richard
>>
>> Why the heck is there SPDIF on the front? That would be terrible to
>> plug it in the front. Thanks everyone else for the HDMI audio
>> comments, I will look into it a bit more before I make my decision.
>>

> Looking at this more, the 10/100 ethernet may be a deterrent if I am
> going to be streaming all of my HD content from a BE

1080p blu-ray tops out a 60Mbps. Most HDTV is under 20Mbps. 100Mbps
switched is generally just fine. (That said, I'm all GbE myself).

> and the lack of
> IR just sounds ridiculous for a company advertising a HTPC.

Most of the ion systems out there don't have IR. Only actually seen it
present on the two most expensive configurations of the asrock ion330
(the ht and bd models). I'm supposed to get one of those Real Soon
Now, one way or another, so I can clean up the IR driver for it and
make it actually mergeable in the kernel...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com