[mythtv-users] Possible frontend? Levono IdeaCentere

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 22 13:06:12 UTC 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 06:47:48 am Richard Shaw wrote:
> I just ran across this in my daily newegg.com email. Seems like a lot
> of computer for the price. Dual core atom and Nvidia ION graphics.
>
> The included "remote" is interesting. Basically a thumb trackball and
> phone like thumb keyboard in one.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883108321

Interesting, looks somewhat similar to this:

http://www.myka.tv/

It's probably over-powered for a frontend, my Revo 1600 (single-core atom and $150 cheaper) does that very well, albeit it
can't do the most advanced de-interlacers. Assuming this is ION1 it would have the same limitation.

But if you want to use it as a combo FE/BE, it would be able to do that better than a Revo (though some folks are happily
running BEs on them).

Of course I don't like the Microsoft tax, nor paying for wireless when I would not use it. The remote/keyboard would be a
matter of personal taste.

It's a "Revo on steroids", if you wanted more CPU power than the Revo 1600.

It's certainly interesting, thanks for the post.