[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:01:51 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:40 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

  On 07/21/2010 01:01 PM, MarcT wrote:
> I just noticed another duplicate of the same show in upcoming recordings.
>
> On Tuesday, July 27th, is Warehouse 13: Age Before Beauty, I see a
> description, an episode number and a program id, On Monday, August 2nd, I
am
> told I will be recording it again but not properly identified as a
> duplicate. On the 2nd there is a different description, actually no
> description, no episode number, and the program id is 2 numbers off from
the
> first recording.

Could these be 2-hr episodes broken into 1-hr parts (as those would
legitimately be different programids, but could have identical subtitle
and description)?  Or, perhaps they're some kind of extended or enhanced
episode?  Or, perhaps the data will be updated when you re-download the
listings for July 27th.  Though you shouldn't do this regularly, you can
try:

mythfilldatabase --refresh-all

to see if it's just because the data has been updated since you
downloaded it a week ago.

Mike

Answer to 1, could be but here in the US they generally don't do that, or if
they do there is a part 1 and part 2 in the name. And if it were part 2 it
would be airing the next week not a day later in the middle of the day, or
the day before the regular schedule.

I generally do not do refresh all because my daily update redownloads the
current day, to check for changes, as well as the 14th day, to fill in the
missing day.

MarcT