[mythtv-users] Audio just quit during playback

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:20:27 UTC 2010

Mandriva 2010, MythTV 0.22, other information is available, just let me
know.

I was watching a recorded program on MythTV last night and the audio
quit.  I tried other applications (Amarok, VLC, system sounds, mplyer)
and they are fine.   I've opened the files recorded by MythTV with
mplayer and they play audio and video just fine.

I've been through the configs and all I've been able to find online that
looks as though it might be related is this:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sound_Troubleshooting#Audio_output_driver_problems

I've tried setting the Alsa device to "ALSA:front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0" and
to "ALSA:surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0" but it changes nothing.

I've tried disabling and enabling Pulse audio and it makes no difference.

The cabling on this setup has the output from the soundcard cabled to my
sound system.  Again, it was working fine then just quit, and all my
other applications produce audio and video as expected.

Below is the output of my devices listed as aplay.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

$ aplay -L
default:CARD=Intel