[mythtv-users] Mouse pointer reappearing

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jul 19 17:26:33 UTC 2010

On 19 Jul 2010, at 17:04, mythtv wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is something just related to my system or not but the
> mouse pointer keeps reappearing on one of my front ends.  The only
> difference that I can think of that would cause this front end to act
> differently is that it is configured for different resolutions and frame
> rates for the menu and the TV.  All of my other front ends are "same
> resolution."  Could this be the reason?  I haven't tried switching back

It's a FAQ, triggered by the resolution change or a focus change when using the Nvidia driver.

Some find installing declutter and restarting X fixes it, I had to disable the hardware cursor in xorg.conf as well, haven't seen an unwanted  cursor since.

Of course checking that hide mouse cursor is set in MythTV too.

Andre