[mythtv-users] Confused about how to make custom rules in mythweb

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sat Jul 17 08:57:00 UTC 2010

On 17/07/2010 00:06, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> I have been using myth for quite some time, but one thing I have never
> really understood how to do is make a custom rule.
>
> For example, there is a movie called Pusher, which has had several
> sequels (conveniently titled Pusher II and Pusher III).  I want to
> create a rule that will record this movie and all of its sequels, yet
> my attempts to make a custom rule to do so have always failed.
>
> Can someone please let me know what I need to do?  I do all my
> scheduling via mythweb, so instructions using that interface would be
> most appreciated.
>
> Thanks

This should work, go to the custom recording schedules page in mythweb,
set search type to Power Search, type a some memorable name in the title
box (this is just the name of the recording rule, not the title of the
program you are trying to record, and then in the search phrase box put:

     program.title LIKE 'Pusher%'

The % character is the wildcard, so it should match Pusher, Pusher II, etc.

Robert.