[mythtv-users] MtrhTv: Uk Mendip Transmitter issues
terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Jul 12 21:46:31 UTC 2010
On 12/07/10 07:17, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> On 12/07/10 06:23, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>> On 11/07/10 22:43, Simon Hobson wrote:
>>> Terry Barnaby wrote:
>>>> I will try scanning each of the transports separately, although I
>>>> can't see a reason why this should be different from scanning all of
>>>> the existing ones ?
>>> You'd think so, but digging back into those dark recesses, I'm fairly
>>> sure I had to scan each one separately.
>> Ok, I tried scanning the transports 1 by 1. All channels where found
>> including all those on my problematic Multiplex. But still I cannot view
>> any channels on the problematic multiplex with MythTv. tzap/mplayer
>> is fine.
>> Maybe I will try rolling my own RPM's from SVN again ...
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> After a bit more googling, I came up with someone having this
> problem due to incorrect PMT info being transmitted. I did a
> dvbsnoop -s pidscan on the Mendip A Multiplex when tuned to ITV3
> and got the attached file.
> To my untrained eye this looks wrong.
> Anyone with knowledge on this ?
Ok, I have finally found the problem. The transportid for the Virgin1
Multiplex was incorrect in the dtv_multiplex database table. There is no
way of editing this using mythtvsetup, but it has to be correct.
I guess I did a full scan and then edited some of the incorrect
multiplexes (neighbouring transmitters) to to right values for
the local transmitter. Unfortunately the transportid was not changed.
I consider this a bug in either mythtvsetup by not allowing it
to be edited or in the mythtv SDT parser as it could find out the
correct transportid for the stream it is decoding.
I'm not sure how you would find the correct transportid value except
by using dvbsnoop...
More information about the mythtv-users