[mythtv-users] Many new dvd's not working

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 11 23:47:17 UTC 2010

On Sunday, July 11, 2010 05:28:59 pm Tom Dexter wrote:

> Seriously...it makes me actual pissed at the fact that I'm honest and
> actually pay for DVDs...all to go though a bunch of crap just to play
> them in the player of my choice, while those who just steal the stuff
> have essentially no problem.

The makers of the DVDs do not agree that you are "honest". They see you as a criminal, because you dare to try and play
one of their disks on an "unauthorized" platform.

To them you are no different from the people DLing with P2P networks, you are doing something they do not want you to do.

It sucks, but it's the situation that we have allowed our lawmakers to create, helped by hefty contributions from the real
criminals, the MPAA and their minions.