[mythtv-users] How to send alphabetic letters from IR remote number pad?

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 16:03:28 UTC 2010

yes it appears it got removed around this time:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/250615?search_string=sms%20cell%20phone%20style%20text%20;#250615

Although the option to use it still exists in places, for example when
creating a new playback profile.

Can the option to use this be made available elsewhere, is it down to the
creater of the theme?

Thanks