[mythtv-users] User script that takes cutlist & runs project-x?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jul 11 07:41:53 UTC 2010

On 04/07/10 17:04, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/07/10 13:32, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 07/04/2010 08:13 AM, Stephen Hocking wrote:
>>> As lossless transcodes with cutlists are still not working in trunk, I
>>> was wondering if anyone had put together a little user job script that
>>> took the cutlist and used project-x to do the transcode?
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8546 . Enable, "Save original files
>> after transcoding (globally)," in mythtv-setup and then re-apply the
>> patch from http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25077 and re-test
>> transcoding. Just for good measure, you may also want to keep a separate
>> (unknown to MythTV) copy of the original pre-transcode recording.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Or you might like to look at
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx, which does the job for mpeg2
> recordings but needs user intervention to select the desired audio
> stream. It works for me in 0.23-fixes under f12, but I don't know what
> effect the change in trunk cutlist will have. And yesterday when I tried
> it under CentOS_5 the use of ionice -c3 was apparently not supported.
> See also http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8347
>
> John P

I've been working with Christopher Meredith on using this script with
trunk and  it looks as if we have a working version.  He needed to
convert it for recordings having ac3 sound instead of the mp2 that I
get, and to remove the inversion logic needed to convert from the
original MythTV cutlist to Project-X.  See this thread for details:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442880#442880

Some of the explanatory comments in the script are incorrect for trunk,
too.  They apply to the original MythTV configuration.

John P