[mythtv-users] Comcast vs. FIOS, ease of mythtv integration?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 9 18:34:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> I've had FiOS TV for 2-3 years now. Initially, they carried a few
> analog channels, but *only* the OTA channels, and they have since
> dumped even those, its purely digital. They did give me free DTA
> thingies I happily use with mythtv, but that was a special deal,
> offered when they cut out analog entirely.

Oh yeah, and as to some of the OP's original questions.... :)

1) all the broadcast channels in my area are available in unencrypted qam
2) I get tons of hd channels off my hd stb via firewire, moreso than
are available in unencrypted qam
3) channel changing over firewire works fine
4) recording to an hdpvr works fine

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com