[mythtv-users] Dedicated frontend IR remote control without a tuner card.

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 01:36:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Clay <ctmythtv at pacbell.net> wrote:

> If The $50.00 MCE remote is my best option, I'll go with that.
>
> Is there an off the shelf IR USB (or serial) solution?

The MCE remote is by far the easiest in my view.  I plugged it in and
had it setup in no time, and it was even easier under mythbuntu.

There are off-the-shelf ones, but I think they are mostly buy off the web.

In Australia, the MCE remotes come as a bundle for about $50-60
dollars from computer stores, but I buy mine from eBay for about $12.

Cheers,
Whytey