[mythtv-users] Trunk: Recordings all vanished?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 15:12:46 UTC 2010

Yes.  I recently had a database crash of some kind while I was away that
took out 14 tables in my mythconverg.  In MySQL, they are files so they can
be damaged individually.  Restoring that table from backup is your best
option.  I believe the official recommendation would be to restore the
entire DB to it's pre-trunk upgrade state and let trunk re-do the schema
upgrades, etc.

This would also be a good time to look into some simple scripts to
backup/dump the database regularly to another drive.

Kevin

He shouldn't need any special scripts.

mythconverg_backup.pl is available on the wiki
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore as well as in the
source mythtv/programs/scripts/database

Not to say that I have a script that I run instead. Been using it since
before mythconverg_backup.pl existed and never saw a reason to change.

MarcT