[mythtv-users] Anyone archiving to Blu-Ray Disks?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Jul 8 14:28:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 07:30:47AM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Thursday, July 08, 2010 07:15:27 am Adam Stylinski wrote:

> > > very high right now.

> > > at a blazing 1X. My drive could burn at 2X, but

> > > that same $4, and they can be burned at 52X.
> > >

> > > After posting I saw a couple of $3 BD-R disks on newegg. They have a
> > > caution about what drives support them but this may reduce the cost.
> > >
> > > Actually your goal for a playable BD from several mythtv recordings
> > > would be something I am interested in anyways..
> > >
> > > John
>

> > I don't quite understand why this should be an issue.  BD-Rs just use UDF,
> > do they not?  He's asking if you can archive onto Blurays with mytharchive,
> > which shouldn't be an issue (albeit you can only play it on another mythtv
> > system).  If you're just recording the data+metadata to the BD-R, then
> > what's the problem?
>
> My ultimate goal is to create a BR disk from multiple Myth recordings that could be played on a consumer BR player. More
> people have BR players than have Myth systems.

...you might be better off considering what forms of media streaming that
BR players support versus the media format. OTOH, BR players in general
are probably more flexible than early DVD players in this respect.

[deletia]

   Consider that a disk might not need to look like a consumer BD title in
order to be playable on a BR player.

   Just a thought...