[mythtv-users] GeForce GT220 PCI Express x16 for $30 shipped ($20 AR)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:45:50 UTC 2010

HI

On 7 July 2010 14:49, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> You're not going to get audio when using a dvi output. Period. There's
> no audio pins on the dvi interface. You can feed video w/a dvi to hdmi

Want to bet on that ? :)

There's no audio pin on an hdmi connector either...

The audio stream is embedded within the TMDS stream..

I enjoy audio over my DVI port on my Ion box because I didn't have a
hdmi-hdmi cable.
The signal coming out of the DVI connector is identical to the one of
the hdmi port.

I'm suspecting this card to be the same.

AMD/ATI card do it that way for the high-end 4xxxx series. They have
two DVI connector, use an DVI-HDMI adapter, and enjoy audio.

You could do: hdmi -> dvi -> hdmi on any platform and have audio too...

Jean-Yves