[mythtv-users] Automatically Importing Videos on Disk to Myth (mirobridge)?

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 23:17:26 UTC 2010

First of all, I would like to thank the developers of mirobridge for the
innovative add-on to MythTV.  I have been using MiroBridge for a lot of
vodcasts and it has been working great.

One idea/use case that I cannot seem to setup properly is importing
recordings from disk.  From my knowledge, there is no easy way to do this in
MythTV.  However, it seems like this may be possible using "Watch Folders"
in Miro.  I setup a directory on my computer: /myth/video/home_videos/ and
would like to import these recordings using mirobirdge, but they all show up
as "_NO_TITLE_From_Miro".

After looking into this issue, it seems that Miro only stores episode
information for RSS and Torrent files.

1. What is the suggested method to import videos (h.264) while adding a
title and additional information (thumbnails/description/date/...) without
re-recording?

2. I have also created some H.264 rips of my X-Files DVDs.  What is the
suggested method to importing these videos into MythTV?
I would loathe having to manually enter information..

Any advice would be appreciated!