[mythtv-users] Need help with Hauppauge HRV-1600 IR Blaster and lirc_zilog in Mythbuntu .23/10.04

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 5 21:20:47 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:35 PM, David Lasker <dave at altosdesign.com> wrote:
> Some more tests show that the bootup crash is intermittent. With
>
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_zilog"
>
> it crashes most of the time. Just for fun I tried
>
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
>
> and it works most of the time.
>
> So I think there is a race condition somewhere.

Hrm, that's not so good. First report I've seen of anything like this.
Will be digging into lirc_zilog again RSN, will keep an eye out for
possible causes.

> Any suggestions on how to debug this would be appreciated.

Load both lirc_zilog and lirc_dev with debug=1 module options, see
what falls out. After that, its code inspection and possibly manually
adding assorted printk fun and rebuilding a very verbose lirc_zilog
module to try to narrow down where things are going south.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com