[mythtv-users] Backend ext. channel change command passes wrong value? (0.24 trunk 25218)

Brent Meyer brent.meyer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 18:52:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Brent Meyer <brent.meyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Jeff Artz <jeffa.myth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Brent Meyer <brent.meyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm using mythbuntu 10.04 with JYA's repo. I just updated to .24
>>> revision 25218, which seems to be the latest version in the repo.
>>> After doing so, my external channel change command is not working
>>> properly. I can run the command (a perl script) manually, and it will
>>> change channels as expected, but when the command is executed by the
>>> backend, it tunes to the same channel every time (specifically, it
>>> tunes to channel 60 regardless of which channel is selected).
>>> The backend log says that the "External Tuning program exited with no
>>> error", so I assume it's executing the script just fine, but passing
>>> the wrong channel number.
>>> The perl script I am using is from here:
>>> http://regx.dgswa.com/html/Comacast_DTA-and_MythTV (scroll down to
>>> #4).
>>> Is this a known bug? I'll file a bug report if necessary.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brent
>> Brent,
>>   You don't have the 'preset tuner to channel" set to "60" do you?
>>  (Mythtv-setup Input Connection for that tuner)
>>    If so, blank that out...  ;-)
>> J-e-f-f-A
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> In my setup, Preset Tuner to Channel is set to 3, since I have a
> Comcast DTA, which outputs on coax to channel 3. And of course, it
> doesn't matter what I set Starting Channel to, it always ends up on
> 60.
> I'm starting to think something is seriously borked in my setup. Maybe
> it's time for some late spring cleaning...

Figured it out. Somehow the actual channel numbers were wiped out when
I upgraded to the latest revision. Deleting all channels then
re-fetching from Schedules Direct seemed to do the trick.

Still not sure why it tuned to channel 60 every time...

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list