[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

mythtv at derdev.com mythtv at derdev.com
Thu Jul 1 22:37:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:02:25 -0500, <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:51:37 -0700, Brad Fuller
> <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I started lircd with:
>>
>> sudo lircd --driver=iguanaIR --device=/dev/iguanaIR/0
>> --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid --listen
>>
>> Didn't seem to work well with irsend. So, I compared what Ben Luey and
>> others had in their hardware.conf with yours:
>>

>>> #Chosen IR Transmitter
>>> TRANSMITTER="My IguanaIR custom config"
>>> TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
>>> TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="iguanaIR"
>>> TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/iguanaIR/0"
>>> TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
>>> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="pace/dct50x.conf"
>>> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
>>
>> This is different than mine, but yours makes more sense. I changed it.
>>
>> and restarted lircd and sent:
>>
>> $ irsend send_once DC50X Ente
>>
>> and the IR transmitter FLASHED!!!!   YEAH!!!!
>>
>> Don't know if it flashed correctly, but at least it flashed!
>>
>>> My /etc/lirc/lircd.conf only contains this:
>>> include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters/pace/dc50xv2.conf"
>>> include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters/motorola/dct2244.conf"
>>
>> ok, that's a better way
>>
>>> My dc50xv2.conf file starts like this
>>> begin remote
>>>
>>> # name MotorolaDTA100-PaceDC50X
>>> name dc50x
>>> bits 24
>>> flags XMP
>>> eps 20
>>> aeps 300
>>
>> Mine is different:
>>
>> # contributed by Mike Silliman
>> #
>> # brand: Pace
>> # supported devices: Pace DC50X (Comcast Digital Transport Adapter)
>> #
>> # Protocol: XMP-R
>> # Device: 62.16
>>
>> begin remote
>> name DC50X
>> flags RAW_CODES
>> eps 30
>> aeps 100
>> gap 80412
>> begin raw_codes
>>

>> Why is this one so different from yours? Are your codes different too?
>
> I'll be back to my myth machine later today and will post all my config
> files.  Hang in there....

Brad, (all)

I forced myself to build a wiki page for iguanair (with heavy Ubuntu bias)
since it hadn't been done.  Apologies if it's incomplete or violates
anyone's wiki style sensibilities.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IguanaIR

Please shout out if you need/want more details.